A Complete Guide in Moving Out of Your House
It cannot be denied that the idea of moving out of your house can be both exciting and stressful. Therefore, you should not let the stress get the most out of you when you’re preparing for your relocation. Here is a complete guideline for you when you tend to move out of your house:
8 weeks before you move
• If you are just renting, you should inform your landlord that you’ll move out of your house or apartment in order to come up with an agreement. Documents for moving out should be done way before you actually plan on leaving your old house so that there’ll be no hassle after you have packed and moved out. It’ll be also convenient for the landlord to look for possible new tenants.
• For those who wanted professional help when moving out, you should start doing your research on moving companies and trash removal services. Seek a recommendation from your friends and families in order to set a schedule ahead of time.
• All of your documents, as what we have mentioned above, should be done before you move out. It should be all signed and as much as possible, all original copies should belong to you.
• You should also come up with a budget in moving out because you’ll be most likely to spend money on services every now and then.
• If you have renter’s insurance, it should be transferred to your new house or apartment, too.
4 weeks before you move
• If you have found items that you are not able to move, list it down and talk to your moving company about it. They are more than willing to assist you with this kind of problems.
• Make sure that you only pack items that you’ll need in your new house. This is the time wherein you can actually have a garage sale on the items that you won’t need anymore. You should turn them into money in order to add it to your budget.
• You could also start changing your address in all of your accounts that needs to have valid information as much as possible.
• All of your bills in your internet, cable, electricity, and gas services should either be cut off or transferred before you move out.
2 weeks before you move to Atlanta Georgia USA.
• You should contact your trash removal services ahead of time so that they will be able to clean up the mess after you have packed and moved out.
• All items that you’ve rented such as DVD’s and library books should be returned especially if you’re moving into a new state or a location that’s pretty far from your old house.
• You could also ask for a day off from your employer if you really need it.
Now that you know the basic essentials that you should do in moving out, you should be able to save both of your time and money. Just keep on looking on the brighter side and you’ll never notice the stress in moving out of your old house into the new Atlanta GA one.
How to Save Time in Packing When Moving Out?
You might want to save as much time as possible when you tend to move out of your house. In that way, you’ll be able to finish your relocation without much hassle and make sure that you will be able to pack all of your things wisely. Here are some tips that you should always keep in mind in order to save time in packing:
Start as soon as possible
As soon as you know that you’ll be moving out, you should start packing right away. You don’t want to waste any of your time because packing will surely take some time. It is highly advisable that you pack at least three weeks before you plan to move out. Of course, you should start with the things that you use the least. For instance, you can start putting all the stuff toys, books, and toys in the box.
Put some labels
In order to make sure that you don’t keep on guessing what’s in the box, you should put a label into it. So that when you are able to move into your new house, it’ll be easier for you to unpack and arrange things. You might also want to pack all of your basic necessities in one suitcase—towel, toiletries, clothes, and sheets because you will not be able to finish unpacking all items in just one day.
Provide a packing room
Choose the least used room in your house when it comes to packing so that you don’t disturb people along the way. Just make sure that you do not use rooms in an attic or on the second floor in order to access it easily when you are moving out.
Save money on the boxes
While it is highly advisable that you buy new boxes in order to ensure the durability, you can always utilize your used boxes. Just make sure that you cover it with a duct tape in order to make sure that things do not fall out while you are carrying it out of your house.
Limit the things you put inside
Heavy boxes are difficult to lift and it is most likely to give out while you are carrying it outside of the house. Make sure that you limit the things that you put inside. A good rule of the thumb is to keep all heavy items in small boxes and all light items in a large box. In that way, it’ll be easier to lift and carry around.
Utilize the wardrobes and drawers wisely
As much as possible, do not pack your clothes in a new box. Just let it inside the wardrobe. All you need to do is to make sure that it’s properly locked so that clothes will not fall around when carrying it out.
Of course, there will always be some trash around after you have packed out. The best way to easily get this sorted is by the rental of a dumpster in Atlanta. It’s either you can clean it on your own or you hire professional services to do it for you. In that way, you’ll have no problem with your old tenant if you’re just renting your house or apartment.